Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Pandemic and Joblessness

September 2019 was the last month I received my student allowance, my appeal has been approved to extend the duration to finish my PhD without allowance, by one year. Yet I have to wait for my supervisor to get back to me from her sabbatical and later wait for my proofreader to complete the proofreading (June 2020) and then another 3 months for my viva voce date (October 2020) from my submission date (July 2020). And after I've done my correction that should take a year in just 1 month 2 weeks (I was like a zombie with 1-2 hours sleep a day and no more running for a runner like me) I have to wait another 1 month plus for the examiners (very busy professors~) to reply their feedback. This situation was prolonged to February 2021 which means all this happened from Sept 2019 to February 2021. During this time I work as part time waitress in 2 different cafes around my university. This is like a short recap from my previous posts...

From January to March 2021 I got a contract job which pay me like a fresh graduate, same amount with my first job in 2010. Syukur tidak menganggur~
May 2021 I got to be a part time lecturer substituting my friend in a local private university for their short semester. First and short experience, god giving me a taste of what I aspire (and struggling) to be, still. Luckily the students were super chill and cool (don't know if they feel the same way about me, some called me the coolest millennial lecturer, too bad the management didn't think so and didn't hire me after that). I incorporated a pretty handful of Internet memes in my slides, so I guess only those who love memes would appreciate it. Some might think I am immature for that lol. But memes are not childish, it requires some level of intelligence for audience to understand and laugh at it. One of my PhD-mate is writing a thesis about meme, I hope he never change his topic. *the thing about PhD topic is, some supervisors might not agree with students approach or direction of their research topic and can suggest changes from minor to 100% different from what the student proposed. Luckily my supervisor is supercool with my research topic although sometimes I feel it's a petty topic to be discussed academically when compared to my PhD-mates who write about politics. But deep down I still like my topic and it is still currently aligned with our situation now.

June 2021 I received the senate later from the submission I made in February. yeah... 


July 2021 my second phase interview with one local IPTA and I confidently felt good about it.

October 2021 I received the result that I am successful to be the calon simpanan (whattt~~) whatever the shit that means. In the same week I received a call from a SEEK Jobstreet agent something (I dont know) offering a position as instructional designer so I sat for the interview with the company and got the job but the pay is ok but not my PhD level kind of pay...in this pandemic, u just gotta grab whatever u got~

What is the point of this post, u may ask (if there is even anyone reading this....) well, I'm grateful that Allah swt had given me this job right after I received the devastating news from that IPTA (dihatikuuuu) ..it's like right on time I got a job that I didn't even apply for, I mean I dont apply job in the industry anymore since they always decline saying I'm overqualified, no skill for work etc (eventho I have 4 years working experience before I pursued my master n PhD).. so now I'm a PhD holder working in the industry... Allah swt atur cantik je, but it's up to me now to be grateful n work full heartedly although its not really my dream job, but it's a job i enjoy.

Alhamdulillah 

And I think, this could be because I started to amalkan al Mathurat after Subuh while jogging (meaning I listen n "sing along" while running la). It is really a jemput rezeki kind of zikir. Because before this I rarely do it, but in September I made it a habit where almost everyday I jog after Subuh I didn't put on music like I normally do, I put on al Mathurat...I still try to make it a habit now..after 1 round of morning al Mathurat I would listen to my normal rock songs for the running beast mode on lol..



SO THATS ALL!! READ YOUR AL MATHURAT GUYS!! 


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. hi what's the purpose? offering me a job? u can give me the link to your whatsapp or email address..

      Delete

U can comment down below